- RACE REGISTRATION 2018
Registration for the 2018 race will open on Thursday morning 3rd August. We are expecting a large entry for next year’s event with a limited number of places available, so don’t hang around and get signed up! Registration link will be available on this website and shared on Facebook.
- Race Information Evening 26th May 2017
A race information evening was held in the Mount Errigal Hotel, Letterkenny, with a great turnout of over 120 racers and crew. Race director Shaun Stewart covered all aspects of the race (see link below) and held a Q&A.
Endurance athlete Jason Black also addressed the crowd and gave an insight to the nutritional and clothing aspects of the race. Many thanks to all who attended and to the Mount Errigal hotel for their hospitality.
For those who were unable to attend please click on the presentation link below.
- Crew vehicles will not be allowed to access the Malin Head check point as the road is very narrow and this is an “out and back” loop of just 1km. Crew vehicles will stay at the bottom of this road at the 102km mark and wait for their rider to return. This will be described in more detail at race brief the night before race start.
- One minor change for 2017:
Check Point 7 is now located at St.Michaels GAA ground, Dunfanghy 316km. This is also the race cut off point at 08:00 Saturday 24th June.
- Two-way radio communication was recommended so the crew can be in contact with their rider to relay directions etc. These radios are available to buy online and hire at outlets such Cedel Communications.
- Please ensure you and your crew have the required equipment and documentation listed in the presentation.
- Entry Full!
Online registration is now closed! Congrats and thank you to everyone who has entered…
In the coming weeks we will be answering common queries regarding the registration night, equipment, race tactics, crew, nutrition and any other concerns you may have before the 555!
It is hoped that about a month out from race start, that we will host an information evening in the Mount Errigal hotel. This will allow you to ask any questions and arrive at the registration night before the race knowing you have the essentials covered..making your and our lives stress free!!
- Press Releases 13/02/17 – 17/02/17
- Final call for registration – 12/02/17
We are nearing our maximum number of entries for 2017! Limited places remain, once we reach our max we will be closing registration. Many thanks to all those who have signed up so far, it’s going to be a great event!
- Team Entry – Inquiries 19/01/17
Any questions please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Race Dates 2017
The 2nd edition of the Donegal Atlantic Way Ultra will take place between the 22nd-24th June 2017. Race headquarters will again be at the Mount Errigal hotel in Letterkenny, with sign on and race brief held on Thursday 22nd, race start will be on Friday 23rd at 10:00.
Registration link: SiEntries 2017
- 2016 Results now available
The organisers of the Donegal Atlantic Way Ultra would like to thank all the riders, crew, marshals, sponsors, spectators, Dominic Lafferty Photography and everyone who played a part in making the first year of the race a success. We hope everyone enjoyed their weekend, whether it was in the saddle, behind a steering wheel or on the side of a road cheering the riders on!
Thank you all for your support and details of next years event will be released shortly.
- Race Media 2016
- Donegal Sport Hub Press Release 19/04/16
- Race Photography
The race will be captured through the lense of local photographer Dominic Lafferty over the course of the weekend. Keep an eye out in the coming weeks for some footage of the race route!
- Highland Radio Interview 19/03/2016
Highland Radio Interview 19/03/2016
Tune into Highland Radio this Saturday 19th March to hear the official launch of the Donegal Atlantic Way Ultra. The race directors spoke to Oisin Kelly about the inaugural event and what competitors should expect on their journey around Donegal’s Atlantic Way. Expected to be on air after 5pm…keep an eye on registration also!